Sunday, May 8, 2011

stop sign

These are a couple of signs I finished recently to go 
in the kids' wing of our church building. We have a 
cool, free-standing metal sign frame from an
old department store to put these in, 
one on the front and one on the back.
I've been working on them for -- I'm not kidding --
eight months now. It was somehow intimidating to
collage layers together after shutting off that
part of my brain. Which seems to have happened
once I started digging in to sewing. Anyway, last week I 
printed the stencils and cut them out with a craft
knife, and today I got to the spray paint part.
It was quite fun -- I might try out more spray 
paint in future collage pieces. Also, I'm trying to get
back into painting on a regular basis. I'm looking
forward to lots of fun projects with the kids this summer!

No comments: