Wednesday, August 18, 2010

at a crossroads

This week my youngest child started kindergarten, and for the first time in nine years,
I'm home without kids for several hours a day. I started reading  
Finding Our Way Again, by Brian McLaren, last week.
I walked by it yesterday and noticed the quote on the back cover:

"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls."
Jeremiah 6:16

I find that is exactly what I want to do as I head into this new phase. I am taking
this week to not start into new things. Trying to stop and listen, to consider the
next leg of the journey. I hope to make the most of the time that is opening up.
I want to use it wisely and lovingly, and also to fully enjoy it!

3 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh good luck to your youngest! It'll be an exciting phase for you both, I'm sure. And enjoy your new journey of listening and appreciating :)

Layne Julia said...

I second that :) A very good choice for the week. Hope it's been sweet

Susan Cepin said...

Thanks, ladies! To post an update, last week revealed how "behind the 8-ball" I had been running. I used it to catch up on grocery shopping, laundry, and sleep. Also heard the same things I'd been hearing before about direction in life, so there was a sense of confirmation in it. I do hope to keep listening, though -- I can go off track at the drop of a hat! Ah, I am so full of idioms these days. It was great to hear from you both.