Tuesday, April 7, 2009

guitar lessons


I start guitar lessons today, and I must confess, I'm feeling a bit nervous. I'm not sure why "nervous" -- I've been playing for over 10 years (that's my guitar up there), and most of that has been in front of people. I guess it's that at this point I have to be able to communicate what it is I want to learn next. That and maybe I also have some social anxiety about meeting someone new and asking them to participate in my musical life, which is actually something I experience as fairly intimate and exposing of my core self. I'll tell you tomorrow how it went!

2 comments:

Cheryl L Higgins said...

I did not know you were going to do lessons. This is awesome. Express yourself and what you want. You can do it.

Susan Cepin said...

Thanks for the encouragement. It was a pretty recent decision. In fact, I called in the morning to check out the possibilities, and he said, "how 'bout tomorrow?"