Saturday, September 18, 2010

glorious mess

...as in, "I made one today!"
Most of this week was spent juggling half days at school, along with the coinciding 
parent teacher conferences, as well as preparing for one (successful) nine-year-old
birthday celebration. Today, however, I pulled out my paints and worked up a bunch
of backgrounds for upcoming art journaling projects. This idea was inspired by a
Pam Carriker article in the July/August 2008 issue of cloth, paper, scissors magazine. 
 It's been a long time since I painted or did any visual journaling at all.
I think this is in part due to transitions I've been making in my life -- 
it feels a bit like a kind of hibernation. But I think it's also related to 
learning how to work again now that I actually have a space to work in.
All of my former artistic ventures were based on creating portable 
systems to work with. I find that I don't have effective systems for 
painting in the current setting, where everything is in reach. Strange, but true!

No comments: