Friday, April 3, 2009

i heart ace


There's a little Ace Hardware store down the street from my house that I just love. It feels like one of those little general stores you'd go to in a tiny mountain town to buy worms before going fishin'. In fact, it has a big bell hanging from the handle that jingles each person on their way. Eric and I went to this Ace a few days ago, and he went in a few minutes before me. When the "helpful hardware man" (whom I hadn't met before, although I know some of the employees from having been there so often) came over to ask me what I was looking for, I told him, "my husband." And he said, "He's over here in aisle 1."
And that's why I heart Ace Hardware.

4 comments:

Rod Hugen said...

So, they keep husbands in aisle 1 and you bought one. Was he very expensive? What happens if he doesn't work correctly and you have to return him? Do they give you your money back or do you just get store credit? And in which aisle do you find wives? I didn't know Ace was so helpful.

jmt said...

I find stores and people like this so wonderful. :) "he's over in aisle one"....so simple, yet so friendly and community-like. I'm jumping over from Dry As Toast. Happy Sunday!

Layne Julia said...

I agree with Rod - I may have to go slower through Ace next time to find more what I'm looking for :)

Susan Cepin said...

Hi, Tooj! I recognize you from Dorkys' blog. Welcome!
Layne, I think Ace is definitely the place for you. I'd be happy to peruse aisle one any time. Just say when!
And Rod, he was pretty pricey, but well worth it. So far, I haven't had any trouble with returns at Ace; I don't see how this would be any different. As for wives, just go in and ask. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you. :)