Saturday, March 28, 2009

finished!

I've been working on this bag since
November; I had most of it cut out
and ready to go, but just in the past
few days managed to sit myself down
and sew it up. It's made out of upholstery fabric and has little tufty
fuzzies for some of the leaves. I love
the texture and sheen.
Now to see how it holds up to my
rigorous testing for bag effectiveness:
does it hang well? Are the pockets deep enough? Are there enough of them? Is it too easy to overstuff? Etc.

Only time will tell.

4 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh it's so pretty! I love the color and flowers. Very spring appropriate. Great job!

Layne Julia said...

Way to go Sue!!! Looks great :)

Laelia Watt said...

I love this! So beautiful!

Susan Cepin said...

Thanks, everybody! Unfortunately, it did not pass the test. I couldn't get my "standard issue" items into the pockets easily enough, so pens, billfold, and cell phone all quickly ended up at the bottom of the bag. Also, it was big enough that I kept cramming extra stuff in it: diapers, water bottles, books. And then it was all heavy and overflowing.
Apparently I just don't have enough self-control for a bag like this! I passed it along to a friend, and now I get to enjoy its beauty without a hint of frustration.