Tuesday, March 17, 2009

brick arch

I recently discovered the amazing premier issue
of Art Journaling magazine, put out by Somerset Studio.
It was worth every penny of the (gasp) $14.99 (plus tax)
I spent on it, as it is chock full of images, is printed on heavy
paper (not the standard flimsy magazine page), and also
gets down to the nitty gritty on technique and supplies.
So there you have it. I am feeling inspired to take my
visually-charged journaling on some adventures. Today's
image is a work in progress. It's the background painting
of a page-to-be. I post this because a)I like the way it turned
out, b)I think it's fun to see things in different stages
of their creation, and c)it may likely get to looking worse
instead of better, in which case I'll be able to look back and
remember that I don't always like every brick outlined in
black (see tomorrow's post) and maybe learn from my mistakes.
Or vice versa.

No comments: