Sunday, September 21, 2008

sheet cake


This is the result of my first ever attempt to decorate a cake.
Not brilliant, but it'll do the trick! In fact, Layne and I were
working on this late last night, and we threw out our first attempt.
It consisted of chocolate that melted and then coagulated which
we were supposed to mix with the sugar syrup that boiled and then
crystallized. Sigh. On to the powdered sugar! You just can't go wrong
with powdered sugar. Well, I might be able to, if I cooked it. But we were
smart enough to stick with stuff that didn't need cooking after all that.
We also found an easy recipe for the decorative icing, & it worked great!

1 comment:

Layne Julia said...

yah!! it was beautiful AND fun to make :) the painting looks awesome - it took me a while to realize it wasn't just a picture of the cake