Tuesday, June 22, 2010

mccall's 9137 test run

My friend Andrea was looking for a sewing pattern to
work with during her vacation that was easy enough to
follow w/o help after not having sewn for a number of years.
I told her I had this pattern for a small case that should
work. But I decided to give it a try, since I'd never actually
used the pattern. So here it is! Turns out the instructions
aren't great, but with a few tweaks the whole thing works.
AND, it's possible to make it with a cute contrasting liner
(which Andrea wanted to do) without veering too far from 
the design. This one has brown fabric inside, like Layne's 
bag. You just have to cut a piece of transfer web and liner 
the same size as the main fabric, then iron it all together 
before sewing. McCall's 9137, Zippered Case G, circa 1997). 
Wait, when did this turn into a sewing blog?

No comments: